Thursday, April 9, 2020

Twist Quilt Along Update

I was working on the third clue of the mystery quilt sew along, to sew half square triangles. Got them done, but then discovered I messed up...
I sewed the 4.5" squares instead of the 5" squares. Good think I had not cut them apart yet. That would have been disaster. Hello ripper.

Fortunately I have this handy dandy sewing tool that gets taped to my sewing table. It makes quick and easy work of sewing squares on the diagonal.


I had the 5" squares done in no time; I cut them apart, ironed them, then squared them up.


I also finished the fourth step, which was to sew the pieces from the second step into 4 patches. I put them up on the wall because the colors are so cheerful!


Now I must wait until April 17, when the fifth step is released. 

Here is the link to the quiltalong...

No comments: