Thursday, April 23, 2020

Many Projects in Process!

I completed the fifth step of the Twist Mystery Quilt-along. Very simple, to sew the four-patches together with a background square in between. I am so curious to see what we will be doing with these!

This is my sewing table. There are many projects in process. I see at least 6 different quilt projects represented here! It looks like a tremendous mess, but everything is in piles and there is no confusion. Not yet.

I am making small quilts for a camp that hosts special needs children in the summer. Each camper goes home with a quilt. My quilt guild is dedicated to helping with the need; as keeper of orphan blocks (donated blocks that have no purpose for the maker), I am having a lot of fun picking through the bin and designing ways to use the blocks.

One bag had these twelve batik blocks, plus some batik that matches the colors. Last night I sewed them together with sashing. It is small, 37" x 48"; I will add 4" borders to bring it up to the requested size of 48" x 60". 

Stay tuned for more children's quilts!

No comments: