Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm back online!

My computer threatened to crash last week, so I have been unable to do much of anything online, except for emailing on Daughter's laptop. But all is better with my computer, and I can post once again!
.
I have not been doing much sewing. I have been keeping up with the Bloggers Block-a-palooza Quilt Along. This is block# 8:
Here are the first eight blocks gathered together. Sorry that it is sideways. I have been trying to achieve a balance of darks and lights. I was afraid that 16 blocks of intense color would be too hard on the eyes. Besides, I would probably run out of the bright batiks before the 16 blocks were complete! I do like what I see so far!
Then I got to work on Block #9...
...and Block #10.
This one is awfully bright! The original instructions were to use three fabrics; the center block was to be the yellow-green fabric. It looked a lot like a road sign. So I strategically cut a fourth batik on the bias, then made it a four patch. This fourth fabric had a lot of color variance, so it created an interesting pattern for the block.
My computer screen has some color challenges, and this block does not show up as well as it looks in real life.
.
Tomorrow morning block #11 will be posted; I can't wait! This quilt along is such fun.

No comments: