Sunday, December 2, 2012

Scarf and Potholders

I think this may be an example of false advertising:
 Fun Fur?
FUN FUR?
This was not a fun fur to knit! All those little hairs were confusing and difficult to work with.
 It did not help that the only size 10 needle I have is a circular set...
But the scarf was finished on time for daughter to wear it with the rest of the girls in the choir ensemble!
 
 
I finished off some potholders this week.
 I had to use scraps to piece the backs. I like how they turned out!
 Another set...front
 ...and back.
This last one is an example of quilting that takes all the attention. On the left, the curvy quilting takes away from the piecing. So I pulled it out and did straight line quilting, and once again the piecing shows. Much better!
 
I was not able to accomplish my goals for the end of November. The quilted church banner is put away until next fall. The baby quilt is not yet quilted. And daughter's coat has not even been cut out. But the Holiday Lane pillow was finished on time for the blog hop. And the potholders are now finished, and I am happy about that!
 
All I want to work on now is Christmas projects and gifts, but that baby quilt must get done. That is my goal for this first week of December!

No comments: