Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Two Birthday Projects Delivered!

I made a table topper for a friend who celebrated her birthday today. Here it is all quilted and bound.
 
This is how I ended up quilting it. The leaves are simply quilted a quarter of an inch inside the leaf. And the border has simple lines. But the sashing....well, I tried free-motion quilting for the first time. I had to rip it out quite a few times, but in the end I felt satisfied with the job. It was not so easy!
 
 
The birthday dinner party was held tonite, and I said I would bring the cake. And what a cake it was!!!
 
Pumpkin Cake with Chocolate Ganache
and Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting.
This five layer cake was decorated with chocolate shards that I produced myself, using a tutorial I found on YouTube. It was delicious! 

No comments: