Saturday, July 3, 2010

It may be cool but my flowers are GORGEOUS!

It certainly does not feel like summer; I am wearing a turtleneck, jacket, and hat! in July! So I will show you the beautiful plants in my yard right now.

I LOVE this color of astilbe...
These are my "mystery flowers"; I still don't know the name of this plant, but it seems to be something from Dr. Seuss or Disneyland....
I planted succulents in a fancy strawberry pot...
I now have cups and saucers in purple, pink and white...
This is the cutest little 8" sunflower, but it would not stand still long enough for me to get a clear picture!
Even my garden is growing: sugar peas on the right, fava beans on the left, and my first ever carrots in the middle...
I sort of planted the greens a bit too close together: three kinds of lettuce and some dinosaur kale... (under the green house are three pepper plants and one eggplant)
The upside down tomatos are growing, but there are few blooms yet...
And here is my poor hanging fuschia, all covered with scraped paint; scraping the house is what husband did all day. I thought he said he would clean up after himself!

Happy Fourth of July!

1 comment:

Mrs. JP said...

oh my, your flowers are beautiful. Our hummingbirds love fuchsia plants. What a nice group of cup and saucers you have.