Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Baby Quilt in Progress


My niece and her husband are expecting their first child in November. Of course I must make something special for the new baby who will make me a Great Aunt.
 
For the nursery, they picked a transportation theme; Target carried just what they wanted and in some great colors:

So, for her baby shower, I made two crib sheets, trying to reflect the theme and colors. I found these matching fabrics at Joanns, and they made up nicely into solid bedding that will endure many many washings.

Now I am working on a quilt to match. I googled baby quilts, found a few ideas that I liked and went to work. I cut some basic rectangles, plus a white strip for personalization of the quilt.
Kinda boring, huh?

Look what happened when I added horizontal sashing. Wow! It pops!

Next up is the personalization...adding the name and a little something else, I think. Stay tuned...

No comments: