Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Day Late....for Little Green Quilters Update....

No progress on UFOs this week, but I did make a couple of things....

A friend from church asked if I could make two crib sheets for her baby granddaughter.
"Sure!" I said. "It can't be that hard!" And it wasn't.
I followed an online tutorial; it was soooo simple!
 The fabric was amazing to work with, for it is high quality Michael Miller fabric.
One fabric featured owls and the other fabric featured hedgehogs. Very cute indeed!
 I used a little extra piece to make a rag doll to send along for the little girl!

 And then there is my garden! Carrots, tomatoes, and dinosaur kale. Yummm!
 This is my favorite of the bunch.
 We can leave the carrots in the ground all winter; they just get sweeter!
I let the last of the beans dry on the vine. The saved seeds will be planted next spring.
 My poor sagging hothouse has been placed over the tomato plants
 in an attempt to ripen the remaining tomatoes!
And my flower bed continues to thrive. The mums are beautiful!
The Civil War kepis are finished and have been passed out to the class.
I did not get a picture of the finished products.



2 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

love mums in the fall. I need to go get some to plant so I have them every year. wow, what a huge carrot!

Harriette said...

I just discovered your blog. Mum had to tell me - bad girl. I love seeing what you are up to. Blessings!