Friday, February 24, 2017

Trial Blocks

I am going to sew a baby quilt, but before cutting into my chosen fabrics, I decided to sew trial blocks. 

These blocks are cut in stacks, then the fabrics rearranged. Finished size of blocks are 5.25".

Next are scrappy stars. I was looking through a book from the library and fell in love with the little stars. 

Since I have so many scraps cut into squares, I knew it would be quick and easy to make these.I used 2" squares, and my blocks finish at 5.75"

Earlier this week I read a tutorial on a quilt blog regarding string block construction without using a foundation or paper. I had to try it!
It worked beautifully! Finished block size is 9"
Here is the back, nice and neat. I ran a basting stitch around the outside to keep the stitching from unraveling. 


I'm linking up today with http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com/2017/02/can-i-get-whoop-whoop-quiltcon-2017.html

No comments: