Friday, January 16, 2015

A Flimsy Finish

The sampler blocks I made from the 2013 Virtual Quilting Bee:
I surrounded 12 of the blocks with a dotted stripe: 
I had two possible fabrics for the sashing:
Though I liked the first one best, I felt it was a little too harsh on the eyes, especially since this quilt will be donated to the Ronald McDonald House. I went with the second option.
Here is the finished top!

Yes, I do believe I made the right choice.
I used three extra blocks on the backing:
I worked hard to try keep the vertical lines lined up!

There is one lonely leftover block that will find a home someday...
Linking up with

No comments: