Sunday, June 1, 2014

Graduation Quilts

My church has three students graduating from high school this year. Here are the quilts that were made for them, to be presented in church on June 1.
 
This first one is for the girl; the pattern is from the book Transparency Quilts by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr.
 
The other two quilts are for the two boys. It is always a challenge to make quilts for the boys; the church stash is built on donated fabrics, and by far the majority of the fabrics are suited for girlish quilts! I supplemented a bit from my stash for both of these...

I am not sure what pattern this is as I saw a picture of one like it and basically planned it out on my own. It sure is a striking quilt!
 
This next quilt is from a pattern called "Buckle Up", designed by Natalia Bonner and Kathleen Whiting. We used all solids for the greens and blues; the dark fabrics are all black on black.

1 comment:

Mrs. JP said...

I really like that second one! How did you do that? All are beautiful.
127