Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Can't decide what to do....

I picked up an unfinished quilt at Goodwill a while back. Basically it is just squares...
It was in a bag that contained the leftover fabrics. While I think it is a cute little quilt, I felt it was not terrible exciting. So I fancied it up a bit.
I will put some applique in the wide white stripe. I could just leave it like this, perhaps add a white border on the outside.

I thought it might be cute to add a pieced border like this:

 
Or I could turn those pieced borders the other way so the white is on the outer edge.

Maybe the first pieced border is too much. So I tried to cover it up.

And here it is with the outer border turned again with the white on the outside.
 

I can't quite decide which I like best. Does anyone out there have any ideas?

I've linked up with Lee at http://www.freshlypieced.com/
Head over there to see what others have been working on this week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the pieced border with white on the inside. I think it will be great whatever you decide.

Kelly Vetch said...

I liked the last picture a lot. What a neat find!

Jo said...

I think I prefer the last picture too, but they all look good. Good for you making it fancy :)

Jennifer Boes said...

I like the last photo too - so here's the thing - pink isn't really my color - so maybe for me, the white border makes it a bit more contemporary and gives you a bit more negative space.

I could almost see taking it just as it is without the pink and white zig zag and adding a solid white border. Might echo your embroidery strip and tie it in?

Good luck - what a fun project!

Debra Dixon said...

I like the 3rd picture--looks like the edges of a stamp with the pink finishing off the composition. The inner squares remind me of a large "postage stamp" quilt so that ties together nicely.

I always wonder who buys those half completed tops at Goodwill!

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

I like the next to last one the most but what a wonderful find! You're doing a great job of making it a bit more interesting too. Well done!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like the 3rd picture from the top - The scrappy border too - it is really cute!