Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Making Patriotic Progress

This was my original test block. It is a paper-pieced creation, and let me tell you, paper-piecing is quite the challenge for me! I was not sure I cared to make four more.
 
But I bit the bullet and made them! These two are like the first in that they each use only four fabrics.
 
These two are scrappy...16 different fabrics.
 
I have only one more set of blocks to make and then I will ship them out. It will be hard to wait until mid-May to get the swapped blocks back!
 
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
And of course I always have to have a new project to work on. Amy Smart is hosting a Virtual Quilting Bee on her blog.
 
I have decided to join in. I have always wanted to make a quilt using only solid fabrics. Take a look at my solids drawer! A little heavy on the reds, perhaps... 
 
The first block was constructed using the good old half-square triangle. Simple!
 
There is a new block posted every two weeks on Fridays, I believe. I will be exercising creativity by using unusual color combinations. This will be a pleasant diversion!

No comments: