Friday, January 27, 2012

Binding is complete!

I was determined to do the bindings on the potholders by machine. I used a LOT of pins to hold the turned binding in place, then I stitched it down from the front.
 The first one was rough.... ran out of bobbin thread, then broke a needle, then discovered I did not catch the back binding in the seam. But by the third and fourth potholder, I had the method mastered and now the binding is finished!
 I think they turned out really cute. The polka dot binding makes them pop!
 And I did a few more red and white blocks! Each bow tie is 8" square.
 The bear paws are each 5.75". I make the bow tie block and with the leftover triangles I make the bear paws.
I love getting two blocks for the price on one! I now have 35 of each block, and every red fabric is different. I'll keep going until I run out of reds!

I'm linking up with Susan and other Little Green Quilters as we make headway on our UFO's!
http://blackberrycreek.typepad.com/blackberry_creek/2012/01/ufo-progress-report-week-4-2012.html

5 comments:

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

The potholders are simply lovely. And those red/white blocks! Well, you know I love them.

Barbara Anne said...

What jazzy and cute potholders! Love the colors and fabrics.

You've got a great 2 for 1 method going on your Bow Tie and Bear Paw blocks. If you have many red fabrics, you could end up with enough blocks for 2 or more quilts!

Cheers!

Debra Spincic said...

really stylin' potholders! Beats mine all to pieces!

denise copeland said...

Your pot holders are VERY fun! What a great kitchen accessory, especially as spring approaches.

Mrs. JP said...

Beautiful. The yellow does work well.