I am making no progress on anything this month. But I have been playing.
In the making of this church quilt, there were a lot of triangles left over.
See? I sewed them into half square triangles...327 of them, to be exact. They are trimmed down to 2.5 inches. So, what to do, what to do?
I had no idea how many layouts you can do with half square triangles! Take a look at 10 possibilities I laid out on my design (dining room) table...
1. Here they are, all lined up in a row.
2. How about diamonds?
3. Pinwheels, anyone?
4. I am not sure what this block is called; it looks sort of like a starburst!
5. An hour glass layout....
6. I call this one 'school of fish'!
7. Each of these blocks has a square in the center, and....
8. ...here is the same block with pinwheels in the center. A totally different look!
9. Can you see the four patch block in this setting? (I guess you could also call it a 16 patch block, but I would assemble it like a four patch.)
10. And here is a nine patch block setting! (Or a 36-patch, if you like!)
With only 327 of these 2.5 inch squares, the quilt will not be a big one, perhaps a baby quilt or two. I think I know which one I like the best! How about you?