Friday, April 1, 2011

Little Green Quilters Update

I have not been working on any UFOs. I have not been doing much sewing at all. The Block-a-paloosa is finished, and the other participants have been putting their blocks into quilts. I decided I wanted a few more blocks, so here are three of my extras. . This first one used up a nine patch I made for another block, but the colors were wrong. The pinwheels were made from extra triangles trimmed off of flying geese blocks. I love this second one. I saw a block of this pattern online, so I drafted it and made one for my sampler quilt. I can see using this one again.

The third one is a simple nine patch; I wanted to use triangles and four patch units, as both of these motifs are used in many other blocks.

I won't be doing much quilting for a while.

.

I must transform this gold drapery fabric and purple velveteen into a Shakespeare costume for my daughter...


...that will (hopefully) look something like this!

It is a Simplicity pattern, and from the reviews I have read, the pattern is for intermediate sewers. I think I am up to the task!

4 comments:

Susan Ramey Cleveland said...

The blocks are very pretty, Julie. I look forward to seeing the costume on your daughter when finished. I hope you show us a photo.

Tammy said...

The blocks are so pretty!

That's some costume to make!

Mrs. JP said...

Those blocks are stunning and you've really kept up well - lots better than I would have.
You are so brave to take on that pattern!! I can't wait to see it. The material is beautiful.

Peg Vanourny said...

I just wanted to tell you how much I like your pinwheel block. It is gorgeous! Nice use of flying geese!