Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Death and Taxes..

Ben Franklin once said, "in this world nothing can be said to be certain but death and taxes..." Well, yes, death is inevitable, and yesterday I worked on my taxes. But I would like to amend Ben's words just a bit...
"...nothing can be certain but death, taxes, and quilting!!"
I took a well-deserved break from the most taxing task (groan) and made a few quick quilt blocks for charity.

These two star blocks are for Moda's Just One Star project. Moda is a top producer of fabulous lines of fabrics by amazing designers. Their challenge is to make 100 quilts in 100 days; the quilts will be donated through the Semper Fi Fund. For more information and the pattern, go to www.unitednotions.com/LA_just_one_star.pdf

These next two red and white blocks are for Matryoshka Mom. She plans to make a quilt or two for Japan, and she is asking for 12.5" red and white blocks. These two came together so quickly!


On Saturday evening I made one final block for my batik sampler quilt. Here is block 20!

2 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

Hey, you have done some really good work there. This last Batik is far and above my favorite. It looks almost like a piece of beautiful marble. Great job

Tanya said...

Thanks for mentioning the Japan blocks. I'll post the progress on my blog.