Sunday, May 16, 2010

Quilt play

Someone donated small hourglass blocks to our church quilting group, but we would not be able to use them in our graduation quilts. So I took them home and played around a bit. It was great fun! Here is the result so far...



Daughter loves it and says she thinks it is perfect for her American Girl Doll Kirsten, who lived in pioneer times. I will add more to it eventually, probably with more fabric from church that is considered too ugly to use in the graduation quilts. My plan is to donate it to a charity when it is complete. But one little girl at church declared that it was ugly! Well, it is a scrappy quilt, and I am not sure what the final product will look like. If it is too "ugly", I may have to keep it. Personally, I love it!




We also had leftover pieces cut for one of the current quilts. When I saw the pattern "Avignon Picnic" on the Moda Bakeshop site, I knew I could use the fabrics to make the quilt. Here is what I have so far...




Yes, it is patriotic, and I think it will look very festive when completed.

No comments: