Friday, October 21, 2011

Little Green Quilters' Update

I made a couple more of the autumn table mats.

This one went to my mom!

And this one goes to a friend. I used a couple of fun fabrics: the turkeys look worried, but the scarecrows are happy that the pumpkin patch is crow-free!
I hope it makes my friend smile!  Her daughter had major surgery last week to correct scoliosis. All went well and they are home from the hospital.

I made a pillowcase for her daughter; she loves horses!

 And my leaf collection is growing slowly; they look so beautiful!

I am linking up with Susan at http://www.blackberrycreek.typepad.com/
You can see more Little Green Quilter's updates over there!

5 comments:

Deb said...

Hi Julie ! I LOVE the tablemats...just beautiful! And all your leaves are just right to work on for this season. You'll get there! Good job.

Barbara Anne said...

Those autumn placemats are lovely and the leaf blocks are wonderful. They will certainly bring cheer wherever they go. What size are the leaf blocks?

It was so thoughtful of you to make the horse pillowcase for your friend's convalescing daughter! I wish her happy and quick healing.

Cheers!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

What a sweet friend you are. The placemats and the pillow case are beautiful. And your leaf quilt is looking fantastic.

Mrs. JP said...

All are beautiful as usual.

Harriette said...

Hi Julie, although I'm not a quilter and not even much of a gardener anymore, I love seeing your beautiful handiwork. Blessings, dear sister in law.