Thursday, November 18, 2010

Star Block--Before and After

The pattern for this block called for some fancy machine stitching to embellish the white areas. My machine does not have fancy stitching...so I had to improvise!

Before:
And After:

I used two simple embroidery stitches to give this block it's fanciful image!

I have never embroidered before; I skipped that badge in girls club. Good thing I have the internet. I am quite sure that you can learn anything if you search the internet! I found two simple embroidery stitches....the stem stitch and the french knot. I followed the pictures and voila! I did it!

2 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

Oh my!! It is more stunning than any machine stitch. What a great idea, you are truly creative. Love it!!!

Mrs. JP said...

oh and I forgot resourceful :O)